Personal Empowerment Exercises
The following techniques and exercises can help to support you during the self-empowerment process. Find the ones that suit you, and practice them regularly!
- Journaling -Keeping a record of your progress enables you to see how far you’ve come – and to remember where you went wrong!
- Cognitive restructuring –Challenging the beliefs that underpin a sense of powerlessness can enable you to view your situation in a different light.
- The ABC Technique -enables you to see the consequences of negative thought patterns, and to become more optimistic.
- Affirmations –Repeating positive thoughts to yourself can give you a greater sense of well-being and self-belief.
- Exercise -Take a walk. Go for a bike ride. Work out at the gym. When your body feels good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you’ll feel more powerful.
- Wannabe –Find an inspirational role model. Learn how this person overcame his or her own challenges – if they did it, so can you.
- Talk –If you need an instant boost, talk to a therapist, supportive friend, or colleague and let them tell you how great you really are!